Cauliflower Fettucine Alfredo SauceMay 16, 2020
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 1 hr
No one has had more of a glow up than cauliflower. It went from being broccoli’s pale, less flavorful cousin to transforming into pizza crust and wings. And now it’s made it’s way into this creamy and delicious alfredo sauce.
- 1 tsp avocado or olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 oz cauliflower florets
- 2 cups vegetable protein broth*
- 1 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp It’s Seasoned Garlic & Herb
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Black pepper to taste
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- A couple of handfuls of spinach, optional
*If you can’t find vegan protein broth, you can substitute 1 - 1/2 cup of regular vegetable and 1/2 cup of unsweetened plant based half and half or plant milk to get the creamy consistency.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan on medium low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant but not browned.
- Add the vegetable broth and cauliflower to the saucepan and bring to a boil (it’s ok that the broth will not cover the cauliflower). Once the broth boils, lower the heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the cauliflower is very soft (about 10 - 15 minutes). Allow to cool.
- Place the cauliflower mixture in a blender. Season with Italian seasoning, basil, sea salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- If adding spinach, put sauce back in pan and add spinach. Heat over low until spinach wilts.
- Top pasta with sauce and serve.
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.