Vegan Broccoli Cheese SoupFeb 03, 2021
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Serves: 4 - 6
Some things you just miss when you go vegan. For me, broccoli cheese soup was one of them. And when that happens, you can expect your girl to do her best to vegan-ize it. This recipe hit the spot - pure cheesy goodness!
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 12 oz broccoli, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 Tbsp of vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 4 Tbsp of flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups of Ripple (or can substitute with unsweetened plain oat milk)
- 1 tsp Trader Joe’s Chicken-less Seasoning Salt (or can substitute with seasoning salt)
- 1 tsp Jane’s Krazy Mixed Up Salt (or can substitute with Lawry’s garlic salt and use less garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp It’s Seasoned Cajun Heat (or can substitute cayenne pepper)
- 6 oz Daiya Medium Cheddar Block, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a large pot. Add the diced onion and cook over medium heat until extremely soft (about 10 mins).
- Add the flour to the pot and stir into onions and butter. Allow to cook for about 2-4 minutes or until it is a light golden brown color.
- Add the vegetable broth and whisk until the flour is dissolved. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a simmer while stirring often. Once the broth reaches a simmer it will become a thick gravy consistency.
- Turn the heat down to medium and whisk in the milk and seasonings. Bring back to a simmer.
- Add the chopped broccoli and carrots and bring back to a simmer. Cover and continue to simmer, stirring often until the vegetables are soft (about 15 mins).
- Turn down the heat to medium-low and stir in the shredded cheese until it’s fully melted.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.