Summer is for Sensational SaladsMay 30, 2019
I’m not gonna lie. Quinoa is super healthy for you but it can be kinda boring.
But if you find ways to spice it up it’s not only nutritious but it’s also delicious too. This recipe is so simple and so dang good. It’s also crazy versatile. Don’t like peas? Switch them out for edamame. Staying away from corn? Dice up some cooked sweet potato and through it in instead.
Easy, tasty and flexible. Not that’s my type of meal. This salad is a new summer staple.
Quinoa Corn and Pea Salad
- 1 cup of frozen peas or edamame
- 1 cup of frozen corn (I used corn from a cob that we three on the grill)
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa (I cook mine in vegetable broth for extra flavor!)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 sweet red or yellow bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Cook the frozen corn and peas just enough to knock the chill off of them. Drain well.
- Add the cooked quinoa, corn, peas, green onion, red bell pepper and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add in olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, pepper and spices.
- Mix thoroughly. Chill and serve.
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.