Vegan Fried RiceNov 15, 2021
Quick and delicious fried rice that taste just like your favorite takeout joint’s.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter, divided (I use Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup of Just Egg (vegan egg substitute)
- Small white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of cooked, chilled rice (I cook mine the night before or use leftover white rice when I order Chinese!)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup of liquid aminos or soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- Pink sea salt and black pepper to taste (I often add more liquid aminos and hoisin sauce because I like things saucy!)
- Heat 1 Tbsp of vegan butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add vegan egg substitute and scramble until cooked through. Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp of vegan butter to pan and melt. Then add chopped onion and cook until softened.
- Then add minced garlic, cook for until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Turn up the heat and add cold cooked rice and frozen peas and carrots. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until it starts to brown a bit.
- Add the cooked vegan egg, green onion, liquid aminos, sesame oil and hoisin sauce.
- Cook until everything is well combined, hot and starts to brown.
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.