Easy Coconut Curried ChickpeasFeb 15, 2021
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 - 6
Need dinner in a hurry? Try a curry! This chickpea curry is not only delicious but also on your table in 30 minutes making it a weeknight winner.
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced or grated
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 - 14oz cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp curry powder (I use hot!)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 2 - 15oz cans chickpeas
- 6oz baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- White or brown basmati rice, to serve
- Cook the rice according to package directions
- Finely dice the onion and mince garlic and ginger. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent (about 5 - 7 minutes). Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, curry, cumin and salt. Mashed the tomatoes a bit with the back of a spoon or a potato masher to create a saucy consistency. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Add the chickpeas and cook until it starts to simmer (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the coconut milk until heated through and then remove from heat.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Serve over rice and enjoy!
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.