Golden Milk is Sweet, Spice, and Everything NiceFeb 27, 2020
Golden milk is a warm healing drink that has been used in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. It’s loaded with antioxidants and has a ton of healthy benefits.
I discovered it a few years back and it’s become my favorite soothing nighttime drink.
The ingredients in golden milk:
- Help boost immunity and fight illness
- Reduce joint pain and inflammation
- Can improve memory and brain function
- May reduce risk of cancer and heart disease
- Improve digestion
Not bad for some spiced plant milk, huh? It’s spicy, warm, sweet, yummy and healthy. So mix you up a batch and enjoy!
- 2 cups almond milk (or your favorite plant milk)
- 2 teaspoon organic turmeric
- 2 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1/2″ piece of fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon ground)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon agave (sometimes more depending on how sweet I want it!)
Add ingredients to a small saucepan. Whisk to remove lumps. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.