Mediterranean Chickpea SoupNov 05, 2019
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 40 Mins
Total Time: 55 Mins
I LOVE soup. So when fall comes around it’s one of the things I look forward to. This soup is satisfyingly filling and delicious.
- 1 Tbsp avocado (or olive) oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, cut in to 1/4 inch coins
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 15oz can chickpeas
- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 15 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 handfuls of fresh kale (I used lacinato)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Cook the onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, celery and fennel. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cans of diced tomatoes and chickpeas. Pour in the 3 cups of vegetable broth. Cook for 20 - 25 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add parsley, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and kale. Cook for another 3 - 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.