Quick Pasta with Tomato Cream SauceMay 15, 2020
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 minutes
30 minute meals are a working Mom’s best friend. This pasta dish is quick, easy and my kids love it! Truly a win-win.
I used It’s Seasoned Garlic & Herb seasoning to ramp up the spice and it did just that (I literally put it in everything!). I love their spices. They have no GMOs, MSG, artificial dyes, flavors or preservatives. They are also low in sodium as well. Other great things about Its Seasoned is that they are a small, black owned business (and the owner’s name is Whitney!). They have some great blends. Check them out! I’ve partnered with them to offer you a discount on your purchase. Save 10% by using code: PROSPER20
- 1lb whole wheat pasta
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 – 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp It’s Seasoned Garlic & Herb
- 1 tsp pink sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 4oz vegan cream cheese
- 16oz baby spinach
- Black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to al dente package instructions and drain.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan, add chopped onions and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes). Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant (about 2 minute).
- Add the diced tomatoes, oregano, Italian seasoning, Garlic & Herb, sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Add tomato paste and vegetable broth. Stir until well combined. Turn the heat down to low and add cream cheese. Whisk well until melted and combined into sauce.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted (about 4 minutes). Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to coat. Taste and add salt as needed. Top with fresh basil and enjoy!
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.