Switch up Your Chili Game - White Bean Chili RecipeMar 12, 2020
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins (not counting cashew soaking time)
Total time: 1 hr
I used It's Seasoned Savory Sazon seasoning to ramp up the spice and it did just that. I love their spices. They have no GMOs, MSG, artificial dyes, flavors or preservatives. They are also low in sodium as well. Other great things about Its Seasoned is that they are a small, black owned business (and the owner’s name is Whitney!). They have some great blends. Check them out! I’ve partnered with them to offer you a discount on your purchase. Save 10% by using code: PROSPER20
Okay, I know how ya’ll feel about super long intros before recipes…
… so I’ll just jump right into it
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1 (15oz) can cannelini beans
- 2 (15oz) cans navy beans
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas
- 4oz can of diced green chilis
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt (more to taste)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp It's Seasoned Savory Sazon (it’s spicy so add more or less depending on how much heat you like)
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (Soak at least 2 hours. I like to soak mine overnight for a smoother texture. Add enough water to just cover cashews)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Add oil to large pot over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper and garlic and cook until softened (about 7 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients (except for cashews and lemon juice) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and continue to cook for about 45 minutes.
- While the chili is simmering, time to make your cashew cream! Add your soaked cashews and water to a high speed blender along with lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Once the chili has cooked for 45 minutes, add the cashew cream and cook until heated through.
Delicious add in ideas: chopped fresh jalepeno for additional spice or corn for sweetness.
For nut allergies, you can sub cashew cream for 1/2 cup (or more to taste) dairy free cream cheese or sour cream.
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.