Vegan Mushroom StroganoffDec 30, 2020
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
I LOVE Gravy. Always have. Even that terrible brown gravy they served in our elementary school cafeteria was one of my favs. So when I transitioned plant-based it’s one of the things I missed. So I decided to create an amazing gravy recipe. Now I’m back riding the gravy train and using it to top these super creamy vegan roasted garlic mashed potatoes or mixing it into noodles to create this delicious stroganoff.
- 8 oz uncooked egg-free ribbon noodles
- 1 Tbsp avocado, grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 8oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon Seasoned Vegetable Base
- 2 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. I recommend slightly undercooking them since they will cook again once a bit once they are incorporated into the gravy.
- Heat oil in a large non stick skillet on medium heat. Add diced onions and sliced mushrooms. Cook for 7 minutes or until onions are soft and mushrooms are cooked. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another minute. Place half of the onion, garlic and mushroom mixture in a separate bowl.
- Add poultry seasoning and flour to the pan with the remaining half of the mushroom mixture. Stir together until crumbly. Add water, Better Than Bouillon, liquid aminos and lots of black pepper. Whisk to combine the flour into the other ingredients.
- Bring the gravy to a boil then reduce to a brisk simmer. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until the gravy thickens to your desired consistency.
- Add the reserved mushroom, onion and garlic mixture back into the pan. Heat through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Add the noodles and cook on low for an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.