Delicious and Easy Oven Black Bean FajitasFeb 06, 2020
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Ready In: 30 Mins
Serving Size: 6
I honestly can’t believe I haven’t posted this recipe sooner. It’s become a staple in my house. It’s quick, easy and most importantly absolutely delicious.
This is a great meal for people who are transitioning to a plant based lifestyle, old-school vegans and meat-eaters alike because it’s just flat out good enough to satisfy them all.
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 small corn or whole wheat flour tortillas
- Guacamole (use this recipe or store bought)
- Salsa (use this recipe or store bought)
- 1 lime
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the fajita seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place sliced peppers and onions on a sheet pan. Drizzle on 2 - 3 Tbsp olive oil. Add fajita seasoning and mix well until coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until vegetables are roast well (toss veggies at the 8 minutes to evenly roast).
- While the veggies are roasting, heat black beans in a small pot on low heat until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat (1-2 minutes per side).
- Assemble fajitas by placing peppers, onions, guacamole and salsa on warmed tortillas. Add a squeeze of fresh lime and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
February is here! Be sure to add some of these seasonal goodies to your grocery cart this month.
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.