Bangin Vegan Collard GreensNov 07, 2019
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Greens that taste just like Big Mama’s (hold the smoked meat).
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp seasoning salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 – 1 tsp black pepper (depends on how spicy you like them!)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp cane sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 healthy pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb fresh collard greens (I hate cleaning greens so I buy the bagged version)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant.
- Add collard greens and cook until they start to wilt.
- Pour in vegetable broth. Add salt, seasoning salt, onion powder, pepper, smoked paprika, sugar, liquid smoke and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes or until the greens are tender to your liking. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste. Enjoy!
Need more vegan Thanksgiving recipes? Try these!
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.