Never Going Back to the Can Cranberry SauceNov 08, 2019
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Yields: 2 1/2 cups
Cranberry sauce is a holiday staple. But what exactly is in the jiggly stuff that comes in a can? This cranberry sauce uses fresh cranberries and I promise you it’s so good you’ll never go back to that canned stuff again. I like to make this a few days in advance to allow the flavors to really blend.
- 1 lb fresh cranberries (washed and drained)
- 1-1/2 – 2 cups cane sugar (depends on how sweet you like it!)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (start with an 1/8 and increase to your taste)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Combine cranberries, sugar and water in a medium pot. Mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Add cinnamon sticks, allspice and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Simmer until some of the cranberries begin to burst (about 7 minutes).
- Add the orange juice, orange zest and ginger. Stir and allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Need more vegan Thanksgiving recipes? Try these!
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.