Creamy Baked Vegan Mac and CheezNov 14, 2019
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
Baked Mac & Cheese is a soul food powerhouse. You can’t have a family gathering without it. So of course, I had to veganize it. This by far was the most challenging dish that I’ve attempted to make vegan. There were several failed attempts but I finally got it right. I hope you enjoy!
- 16oz elbow macaroni
- 2 - 3 (7oz) bags of Daiya Cutting Board Cheddar Style Shreds
- 1 (7oz) bag of Daiya Cutting Board Pepperjack Style Shreds
- 3 cups of Ripple (or any unsweetened plain plant milk)
- 1 tsp seasoning salt, or more to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heavily salt a pot of water and bring to boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain well.
- Warm milk in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add seasonings to milk and heat through.
- Add drained noodles to a large bowl. Pour in the warm milk. Add 1 pack of cheddar. Stir until the cheddar melts. Add in 1/2 pack of pepper jack. Stir until it melts. Taste and add additional cheese to your liking reserving enough of the cheddar to top before baking (I used about 2 packs of cheddar and 1/2 pack of pepper jack mixed into the noodles and then 1/2 pack of cheddar on top). Taste again and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add the noodle mixture to a casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 mins. Enjoy!
Need more vegan Thanksgiving recipes? Try these!
Get your Daniel Fast Kick Start Cookbook!
Join my Daniel Fast email list and receive this free cookbook with 7 of my favorite, mouthwatering Daniel Fast recipes. Plus, you’ll get early access to Daniel Fast tips and exclusive recipes.